top of page
Operating sustainably and fostering a culture of sustainability

The climate crisis is accelerating and we know we must do even more to help protect our planet. That's why we're setting ourselves ambitious new targets to reduce our carbon emissions in operations to near zero by 2030 and become net zero (in total emissions) by 2040.

Making it easier for travellers to book more sustainable trips

As a leading digital travel company, our greatest opportunity for impact on the industry comes through our product. To truly decarbonise the travel sector, we must make it easy for travellers to make sustainable choices every time they travel.

Collaborating to decarbonise the travel industry

We can't make travel more sustainable alone. It will take time and a collective effort from everyone in the industry. We're collaborating with peers to bring about our vision of a sustainable travel sector

Current Emissions 

2022 Emissions



Scope 1


Scope 2


Scope 3


Greenhouse Gas
Emission By Source





Business Travel & Commuting

Purchased Goods and Services

Renewable Electricity

100% offices powered by renewable electricity*

*through the purchase of unbundled energy attribute

certificates (EACs) 


Grow Your Vision

Welcome visitors to your site with a short, engaging introduction. 

Double click to edit and add your own text.

Carbon Offset Projects

Darkwoods Forest Conservation, Canada

This carbon sequestration project prevents emissions that would have otherwise been caused by logging activities. The project area connects a network of protected lands into one contiguous conservation area of over 100,000 hectares, preserving habitat for at-risk native wildlife and acting as a "living laboratory" for scientists conducting research. Darkwoods also promotes the well-being of surrounding communities who derive intrinsic and economic value from the area’s abundant natural beauty.

Genneia Wind Project, Argentina

The Genneia Wind project is installing 71 state-of-the-art wind turbines across six wind farms in Argentina. By driving wind-generated energy, this project displaces harmful, fossil fuel–based power, cutting the associated greenhouse gas emissions as it increases Argentina's energy security. The project boosts long-term green growth by installing renewable energy infrastructure and creating job opportunities.

Musi River Hydro Plant, Indonesia

This grid-connected, run-of-river hydroelectricity plant is built on the upper banks of the Musi River near the port city of Bengkulu. It delivers enough energy to meet the demands of over 700,000 Indonesians on average each year. This project addresses issues in rural Sumatra such as poor electricity access and the lack of quality employment opportunities, as well as fostering sustainable economic development. The Musi River Hydro plant has created quality jobs and upskilling opportunities for locals in what has been traditionally a farming community. 

Image by Zuzanna Szczepańska

Waste Management

Waste comes in many forms, from food to furniture. We have comprehensive waste-streaming systems implemented in 70% of our offices, and plan to have systems in the remaining 30% when we return to regular operations. Our waste-streaming approach is not just about separating recycling and non-recycling, we take a holistic view. Inside our offices, we're also focused on how we use and consume products – particularly single-use plastic products. We're committed to removing single-serving packaging from our offices and have already removed many single-use products.

Employee Engagement

We empower our employees to give back to the places that have given us so much through our employee volunteer programme. Since the programme began in 2014, over 180,000 work hours have been donated, by almost 6,000 employees, across more than 2,100 projects worldwide – from designing complex funding models to simply cleaning up after events.

bottom of page